What is Waste Oil?
Used oil refers to any type of lubricating oil that has been previously used in engines. It includes engine oils, gear oils, hydraulic oils, greases, and others. The term "used" basically means the oil was once utilized (most commonly inside engines), but now must be replaced with new oil.
The two most common types of used oil include:
- Engine oil - This is what keeps moving parts like pistons, bearings, valves, gears, and other internal components running smoothly. When this oil gets old, it becomes thick and sticky, which makes it difficult to move around within the engine. If left untreated, this will eventually cause damage to the engine itself.
- Transmission/transaxle oil - Transmissions and transaxles use different kinds of oil than regular engines. They require special additives to keep them working properly. These additives break down over time, causing their performance to degrade. As they get older, they also become thicker and more viscous.
The Difference Between Waste Oil Furnace Heating and Waste Oil Boiling
What is Waste Oil Heating?
Waste oil heating system is a type of furnace that heats a building with oil rather than needing coal or gas to fuel the heater. Clean Burn waste oil furnaces can maximize the value of your used oil, which in many cases is an expense and a liability. When you recycle it to create heat for your business, you can transform it into an asset. The efficient technology benefits several types of businesses such as:
- Automotive service centers and repair shops
- Car wash and lube shops
- Farm equipment dealers and service centers
- New and used car dealers and service centers
- Fleet services companies
- Farm machinery sales and repair shops
- And construction companies
What is Waste Oil Boiling?
Clean Burn's versatile boiler technologies are the most efficient water heating systems on the market that are designed specifically to burn waste oil to generate hot water. Waste oil boilers offer a number of unique benefits, including reduced cleaning time, easy installation, flexible design, and highly-efficient heating technology.
A waste oil boiler is especially effective for car washes and radiant floor heat for auto service centers.
Heat Your Building with An Efficient Waste Oil Furnace Today!
Interstate Energy, Inc. is the only authorized distributor of Clean Burn waste oil boilers, furnaces, and other heating systems in Colorado and Eastern Wyoming. We offer waste oil furnaces in a variety of sizes that harness different amounts of power so that you can find the ideal solution for your organization.
Contact us today to schedule a FREE heat loss assessment to determine which waste oil heater is right for you!